March 7, 2022 / Richard Parks
How to Connect D’link WiFi Extender to Router?
A lot of users fail to get the most of their D-Link WiFi extenders. If we consider statistics, then one of the primary reasons behind this is the user’s inability to connect D’link WiFi extender to the router. If you’re also finding it difficult to establish a connection between your D-Link extender and the router, then we’ve got you covered. Here, we will provide you with the step-by-step guidelines to do it in a hassle-free manner. So, read on.
Steps to Connect D’link WiFi Extender to Router
You can connect D’link extender to the router either using a wired or a wireless source. Now, let us shed light on the steps to do so using both sources.
Connect D’link WiFi Extender Using Wireless Source
- Plug your D-Link WiFi range extender into a power source.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for the power LED on your D’link extender to become stable.
- Now, create a connection between the extender to the router using a wireless source.
- Once done, get access to a computer.
- Open a web browser. Make sure that it is free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Type the default web address of the D-Link extender in the address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be prompted to enter the default username and password of your D-Link WiFi extender.
- Enter the required details and click the Log In button.
- You will get redirected to the dlinkap.local setup wizard.
Congratulations! You have successfully established a strong wireless connection between your D-Link extender and router. Just in case you want to connect D’link extender to the router using a wired source, here are the do-follow steps.
Connect D’link WiFi Extender Using Wired Source
- Ensure that the LED light on your D-Link range extender is stable.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable. Keep in mind that the Ethernet cable should not be damaged.
- Thereafter, open an updated web browser on your PC.
- Access the default web address of your D-Link WiFi range extender.
- Perform D-Link extender login using the default admin details.
- You will be taken to the D-Link WiFi extender setup wizard.
If you are unable to reach the D-Link extender setup wizard, it means you have failed to connect your WiFi devices. In that case, reach out to our experts or continue reading to troubleshoot the issue on your own.
Can’t Connect D’Link WiFi Extender to Router?
- Is your D-Link range extender plugged into a working power source? Probably not. The damaged power source might result in an inadequate electricity to your D’link range extender. So, before your extender becomes a victim of any issue, consider getting the current power source repaired or plug your WiFi device into another one.
- Chances are that you have placed your D’Link WiFi extender and the host router too far from each other due to which they are unable to communicate. To successfully connect D’link WiFi extender to the router, consider reducing the distance between both WiFi devices. However, do not place them too close. Otherwise, the WiFi signals of both devices might clash putting you in a great trouble.
- You might also be unable to connect D’link WiFi extender to the router if any of these devices are placed at an incorrect location. Now, the question arises, what is the correct location for the extender. FYI, devices and appliances like microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cordless phones, televisions, treadmills, refrigerators, etc. can mess up with your extender’s WiFi signals. Thus, make sure that your extender is placed away from such things. Apart from that, do not place your D-Link WiFi range extender near corners, thick concrete walls, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, or objects containing a large amount of water.
By following the aforementioned tips, you will surely be able to connect D’Link WiFi extender to the router. Once you do that, you are free to tweak the settings of your extender. Let’s explore what you can do after connecting your WiFi devices.
After Connecting D-Link Extender to Router
- You can change the extender’s administrative password.
- The D-Link extender’s SSID can be changed or hidden.
- You can perform D Link firmware update.
By following the guidelines discussed above, you will be able to connect D’link WiFi extender to the router with ease. However, our experts are always on their toes to help you if you come across any issue amidst the process.